needed version - 0.9.22 and higherAndroid limitation
After some testing, seems that Android cannot handle files bigger then 2^31 b, so around 2GB!! Here I slowly create solution how to use maps bigger then this limitation in Locus software, so ...ACTUAL STATE
OK, solution is out in version 0.9.22. It need to be tested! How dows it work
In Locus/maps directory create new directory for your new SQL map. Into this directory upload all files that you want to be as one map. After Locus start, it initialize all map parts (you have to wait for a while, 1GB map takes around 2 minutes, so count with it) and then you can use it. All files in this directory now work as ONE MAP!Also, for perfect usage, there should be any tool that help to create these maps. Locus
In locus you should create maps lower then 2GB. Bigger cannot be created due to Android limitation. I should create some tool that help separate maps into more parts directly in Locus, but will not be used by many people as well as I have important thinks to do. So actually, to create these maps in Locus, you ahve to create every part separate and manually and then also manually copy them into one directory in Locus/maps!Mobac
Much better tool to create big maps. Only one disadvantage. It have no tool to separate maps into parts needed by Locus. So, best solution as I can see, if anyone wrote tool (in Python for example) that separate big maps into 2GB parts!NEXT METHOD IS DEPRECATED, SO DON'T USE IT
[s:1vycvo9h]In android device seems to be some limitation on external SQL database (on internal also). This limitation don't allow to go through simple sql query on whole table so you have to use this alternative method! (It's also useful if you want faster initialization or you have any other troubles with SQL map initialization process)
- Download simple SQL database browser. I use this (http://http://sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net/) ... It's fast and easy to handle. You can download it here.
- After download, extract (install) and run.
- In program, press File->Open Database and choose you map file. Every loading and action takes a little time due to size of your map file so be a little patient!
- After file load, do to last tab called Execute SQL and into SQL String insert this text
SELECT DISTINCT z from tiles and press Execute query
- After process complete, you'll see in bottom Data returned area, zoom levels in map file. Copy all these values into separate text file named same as your map file and separate values with ";", not just new line.
- So after whole process, you'll have one file MyMap.sqlitedb (original map file) and one file MyMap.txt which contains for example this text
- Copy both into Locus/maps directory or add them on Custom map page as externel map. Hope this works for you. Comments are welcome!
If you change map file, initialization process will run for this map again (it depend on time of last edit of map file) so TXT file will be loaded again.
But when you for example download any new layer into map file, but you do not change TXT file before initialization process run in Locus, no new layer will be visible. If this problem occur, change layers in TXT file to correct values and also DELETE cache directory. Initialization process will run again and now ... correctly![/s:1vycvo9h]