Dynamic manually downloaded temporary poi's

Started by Sputnik, November 13, 2011, 19:17:49

Sputnik

Would love a button to load kml,json or xml as POI's from a URL (set previously in settings). I would like to be able to show the location of a number of tracking devices but could also be used to show Marine AIS etc.

If locus had a text field where you could input your url . i.e. www.yourdomain/locusfeed.php  which would output kml,json or xml in a format decided by you. Then just display those points on the map. when you press the 'fetch' button a second time the points are erased and the new points downloaded - not to be stored just temporary points.

Does that make any sense at all ?

Cheers.
  •  

Menion

sure it make. Mainly because it's something I was already thinking not long time ago. So it will surely be done in some way
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Sputnik

Great. I look forward to it.

Many thanks.
  •  

eilert

Any progress on this?

I'm using Locus with downloaded sea maps on a Galaxy Tab.
Works like a charm and costs a fraction of a marine GPS plotter  :D
When in range of a network I also like to get updated of other traffic in the area by use of the "Marine Traffic" app.
Would have been awesome to have AIS data either as an overlay or as "Sputnik's" idea.. -dynamic POI's!

.:Tore
  •  

Menion

if you think it's similar idea to this https://getsatisfaction.com/locus/topic ... ote_server, vote on GetSatisfaction site
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •