Author Topic: Moving tracking  (Read 10275 times)

Offline kelddaug

  • More than Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Moving tracking
« on: November 11, 2011, 21:06:38 »
Hi Menion
Is i possible to make a feature, so i can live track a ship or moving target.?
I think that Locus would need a Compass heading (lat: long) Gps and speed, so no matter how long we are a way from mother(ship) with the helo, I will always know where mother is.
It should be possible to set a new course and speed on the go.
We can do it with the helicopter avionics, but it would be cool if I could do it with the Phone.
/Keld
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 23:54:42 by kelddaug »
 

Offline menion

  • Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
  • *****
  • Posts: 9851
  • Thanked: 43 times
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
Re: Moving tracking
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 21:19:54 »
hi,
  I unfortunately really don't understand :). May you please give me some like more detailed description or some link to some description?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!
 

Offline kelddaug

  • More than Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Moving tracking
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 22:55:57 »
Quote from: "menion"
hi,
  I unfortunately really don't understand :). May you please give me some like more detailed description or some link to some description?
Hi
I'll try to make a example.

Our ship,  is heading 150 degrees, speed 20 knots, time is 17.45 zulu,  i'll either fix our position or manual tab into Locus, we are taking off with the helicopter from the ship(mother)
Then Locus should be able to track our ship, because Locus knows the the time we took of, the heading of our ship and speed and the current position of our helicopter.

I think that if Locus knows :
Ship position latitude and longtitude or Heading
Ship speed in knots
Time
Helicopter lat: long

Then locus can calc time distance and track to the ship from the helicopter position. I don't know how to calc it, i'm not a math expert.
It must be like navigate from A to B only with 2 moving cars, I think.

It could be a additional feature to guide mode.
 

Hope you understand it better.

/Keld
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
 

Offline berkley

  • Premium
  • Master of Locus
  • ****
  • Posts: 900
    • View Profile
  • Device: 1+1, N7
Re: Moving tracking
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 20:30:09 »
I guess it is all about telematics - like "fleet management" ;)

Could be realized through the API from Latitude... but i guess, you don't like it...
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
 

Offline gynta

  • Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
  • *****
  • Posts: 3503
  • Thanked: 23 times
    • View Profile
    • Locus live tracking service
  • Device: SGS5m (4.4.2 root), SGTab10.1 (4.0.4)
Re: Moving tracking
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 20:43:15 »
nice idea - but how many people would use it?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
 

Offline kelddaug

  • More than Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Moving tracking
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 21:23:49 »
I think that Menion could add some code to the guide feature, it allmost has that feature, (only) needs some moving target code.

But I'm not a dev,  so I don't know what it takes.


Sent from my GT-I9100
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
 

Offline kelddaug

  • More than Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Moving tracking
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 21:30:41 »
Quote from: "gynta"
nice idea - but how many people would use it?

Not many, thats why it was a wish.!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
 

Offline kelddaug

  • More than Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Moving tracking
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 21:39:24 »
Quote from: "berkley"
I guess it is all about telematics - like "fleet management" ;)

Could be realized through the API from Latitude... but i guess, you don't like it...

No, not fleet management, I only wanted to track our ship, when we took of with the helo.

I don't have access to gsm, I can only use gps in the Indian Ocean.!

Does the Latitude api work without gsm.?

It just could be cool if iI could do it with the phone, we can do it with the helo avionics.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
 

Offline berkley

  • Premium
  • Master of Locus
  • ****
  • Posts: 900
    • View Profile
  • Device: 1+1, N7
Re: Moving tracking
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 22:58:18 »
Sooo... now that seems to be an interesting topic ;)

How do you want to receive GPS locations without GSM (should mean: no phone service at all)??? Over radio and type them into some kind of User Interface?

Edit: I well understood that part with starting point, angle, bearing and speed.
For sure, there exists at least some hope, that someone could code this. But as far as I know, there are several outer factors which have extreme influence on the result (wind, flow and usage errors).
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
 

Offline kelddaug

  • More than Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Moving tracking
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 23:36:36 »
Quote from: "berkley"
Sooo... now that seems to be an interesting topic ;)

How do you want to receive GPS locations without GSM (should mean: no phone service at all)??? Over radio and type them into some kind of User Interface?

Edit: I well understood that part with starting point, angle, bearing and speed.
For sure, there exists at least some hope, that someone could code this. But as far as I know, there are several outer factors which have extreme influence on the result (wind, flow and usage errors).

The gps works fine without gsm signal, that will be the only info Locus would get.

I was there in February and had catch compass installed on my Nexus One and it worked fine I could also Poi positions without gsm signal , i also had Google earth cached, that worked to, so I don't think that would be a problem.

Wind, waves and stream is not a problem.

As i can see in Locus, the guide feature is the one to use, added som code math, time compass heading and speed, should do it, but again i'm not a dev.

ex. current position to a steady Poi, have to be my current position and to a moving Poi.If Locus got the speed and compass heading and time, then Locus should be able to keep track of the moving Poi.

If we are ready to takeoff on dek, there could be a fix button that took the position time and speed in Knots and Nm and a manual insert speed and position and time ,i got via radio.
it's just a thought.  

It's very tricky to explain.  :roll:
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
 

Offline menion

  • Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
  • *****
  • Posts: 9851
  • Thanked: 43 times
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
Re: Moving tracking
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 07:58:59 »
so if I understand correctly ...

you want to insert "moving point" with some azimuth and speed and be able to keep guiding on this point right?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!
 

Offline kelddaug

  • More than Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Moving tracking
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 17:41:42 »
Quote from: "menion"
so if I understand correctly ...

you want to insert "moving point" with some azimuth and speed and be able to keep guiding on this point right?

Yes,  like 2 poi's moving, i'm(helo)is one of them.!
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
 

Offline menion

  • Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
  • *****
  • Posts: 9851
  • Thanked: 43 times
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
Re: Moving tracking
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 18:56:01 »
hmm I understand ..

I was thinking about it during a day, also talking with girlfriend about it, and even it's quite interesting idea and even it should take less then a day to get it work to usable state, I have to refuse. I don't see much usage in this. Seems like you'll be only one who find usage for this feature. Watching of moving of another object is nice, but there is very low number of objects that have constant speed and bearing ...

anyway if you'll be very interested in this, I may try to create addon for this, that will periodically send updated location of one point to locus. Remind me this during winter .. I'm sure there will be some free time and this seems like interesting and "cute" idea for me ...
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!
 

Offline kelddaug

  • More than Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Moving tracking
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 19:03:45 »
Quote from: "menion"
hmm I understand ..

I was thinking about it during a day, also talking with girlfriend about it, and even it's quite interesting idea and even it should take less then a day to get it work to usable state, I have to refuse. I don't see much usage in this. Seems like you'll be only one who find usage for this feature. Watching of moving of another object is nice, but there is very low number of objects that have constant speed and bearing ...

anyway if you'll be very interested in this, I may try to create addon for this, that will periodically send updated location of one point to locus. Remind me this during winter .. I'm sure there will be some free time and this seems like interesting and "cute" idea for me ...

Oki, I understand.!  :)

 Would it be alot of code to write.?
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
 

Offline menion

  • Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
  • *****
  • Posts: 9851
  • Thanked: 43 times
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
Re: Moving tracking
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 19:06:56 »
hmm not so much. Just some screen that will allow some settings. If there will be need for GPS it will grow. Anyway without this just screen and then some function that will periodically compute new location and send it to Locus. I'm not sure if locus will handle this correctly and just update location instead of displaying new point, so maybe also some improvements in Locus. Anyway I think that two days should be enough for this ...
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by Guest »
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!