Android 4.0

Started by kelddaug, October 23, 2011, 23:04:47

kelddaug

Hey Menion
Will Locus run on ICS, when Galaxy Nexus comes out.?
or do you have to rewrite some code.?
I'm asking,cause i'm gonna have it before i'm going to Africa the 2 Dec., there is no gsm or wifi, but i really wan't to use Locus there anyway.
I saw that you were a little unhappy, with the new Sdk. :-)
Regards
Keld
  •  

Menion

hmm yes I was ... and I'm. There are some stupid news that complicate me work a little bit but after some tweaks ... nothing serious. I have problem running emulator so I cannot for sure say that there will be no problem but I hope that it will run on 4.0 without any problems ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

kelddaug

Hopefully you'll get feedback, when it's out,  from me or someone else.

Sent from my GT-I9100
  •  

Menion

fine, I'm looking forward to it. In meantime, I'll try to run emulator to get it work at least home on PC. I don't want to spend money to new phone so I have to way till samsung or community release rom for SGS2 ... it will be soon I'm sure :)
  •  

Khaytsus

Menion,

Anything in particular on how to test Locus on the emulator?  The emulator runs okay here, I played with it the other day...  Would you use something like FakeGPS to change the location to test things or?

adb installed, runs, maps load online, downloaded some maps, went to specific coordinates, imported a gpx, did guidance, can't do navigation (no GPS, but I might try sideloading FakeGPS in later).

So far no problems.  The only way I've made it crash is asking it to get Add-On's (no market in emulator of course) or if I too-quickly ask it to do a Pro-only fuction, like Weather.  In both cashes it'll crash.  Unlikely either is specific to ICS, and are edge cases at best.

I've tried the default 800x480 as well as WXGA720 at 320 and 240 DPI,  It's funny how ICS looks quite different between the various screen sizes/dpi's.  But still, no problems in Locus I've seen.  Let me know if you want me to test anything specific!
  •  

Menion

fine good to hear. I don't use (used) some gps stuff on emulator. I rather simulate GPS directly in Locus by nmea messages. Anyway thanks for report :)
  •  

Khaytsus

I was editing while you posted, so look up one post for a few more details, but still no problems.  :)
  •  

Menion

fine fine, thanks ... nice testing :)
  •  

femto

I have a lot of problems here on AOKP 4.03 (Build 28). Locus always crashes silently after some minutes. Is there any way to help you finding the error?
  •  

Menion

interesting. Help is always log from CatLog program or similar after locus crash
  •  

femto

Quote from: "menion"interesting. Help is always log from CatLog program or similar after locus crash

Sorry for the delay, I'll try it with the most recent version of Locus.
  •  

Menion

no problem :) check last version and in case of troubles, try to record me some log. This is best way to report issues (together with small description at which activity this problem happen)
  •