Accessing maps from other applications?

Started by Khaytsus, September 05, 2011, 15:27:36

Khaytsus

Any updates?  I'll be happy to beta test any changes etc :)
  •  

Menion

I'll release at the end of week app on market. I had to do some changes to database so releasing testing version here on forum can cause some problems with database. So wait please till end of week ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Khaytsus

Quote from: "menion"I'll release at the end of week app on market. I had to do some changes to database so releasing testing version here on forum can cause some problems with database. So wait please till end of week ...
Awesome, no problem! Thanks!
  •  

Khaytsus

Quote from: "menion"I'll release at the end of week app on market. I had to do some changes to database so releasing testing version here on forum can cause some problems with database. So wait please till end of week ...
Hey, did the market update today have the database SQL changes in it?  If not not biggie, just checking in.  :)  I saw you added 528ft radii, sorting, filtering, and some other goodies :)
  •  

Menion

yes it have, but changes are due to new filtering system, not because of your troubles. I still don't think about "what's problem with your database". Have to start soon :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Khaytsus

Quote from: "menion"yes it have, but changes are due to new filtering system, not because of your troubles. I still don't think about "what's problem with your database". Have to start soon :)
k, let me know if you need any more details!  I've stopped moving my waypoint databases around, but I still do most of my map downloading on the tablet and move them over to the phone, but the phone can't write to them to add anything new, so anything I do online is temporary..  Hopefully can be fixed. :)

Thanks!  BTW, bought Pro last night.   :mrgreen:
  •  

Khaytsus

Menion,

I think I FINALLY figured out what was going on today...  If I have a map database selected in Locus, exit, then update that database, I cannot write to it in Locus.  However, if I select a Blank map, update a database, then select the same database I had problems with before, I can update it.

I was using the USA My Topo in this case for all tests..  I initially could not update the database, no updates would show up after restarting the application, but once I set the map to Blank, then updated the map (from my tablet, per our previous discussions), then selected the map, it works!  

Now I'm wondering if having a read-only database, switching to Blank, then back to the same database would "fix" it as well...
  •