hi to all, looks I'll have to release new version soon, because number of news seems to be too long for market 400 chars limit ...
- map auto-load (check advanced map settings)
- improved sorting and filtering of POI's and tracks (mainly geocaches - need reimport)
- rewrote dialog for Vector map downloading. Expect next improvements together with new maps at start of October
- ability to manually recompute path
- added support for www.gobreadcrumbs.com
- restored SHOCart online maps
- improved Quick map switch dialog
- ability to display 161m/528ft circles around geocaches
- supported GEMF maps format
- many small improvements
anyway I just wanted to discuss a little bit ...
- today morning I discovered nice web gobreadcrumbs, so i added support for uploading track to Locus. Do you know this web? Looks good on first sight so hope you'll find it useful
- yesterday I was creating support form GEMF map format. It's very simple map format (read-only), that have just stored map tiles in simple way, but have main advantage. Because it's so simple it's very fast. Much faster then SQLite and also TAR maps. Here is complete specification https://sites.google.com/site/abudden/android-map-store
. On the bottom of page are python scripts to covert some data into this format. If anyone skilled with pythod, create script that allow convert SQLite maps into this, it should be very welcome I think. Why? higher speed and unlimited! map size. Higher speed also mean smaller battery consumption!
- also one news. I discovered that on map source I use for vector maps, is missing a lot of places. I have now another source and also I'm trying, and seems it will work, generate own maps from clear openStreetMaps data, so wait till start of october (till new maps will be on server) and then we should discuss if some areas should be better connected into one file, some separated .. etc ... nice day
and release? I hope tomorrow ...