Hi Andy, nice, another Sony user, at last. I send some more extra info via PM. The general test report so far:
Locus Beta version 184.108.40.206. Proximity Gesture "wave once" reliability: VERY MUCH improved ! Real nice !
Reference app DTSO Proximity Gesture "single wave"detection by "Leading edge" trigger technique:
Delivers top performance and has the best optimal operator interaction experience by fast(er) screen switch. How to become a succesfull "Waver"
- Wearing gloves, wave with the most reflective (white) parts of the gloves above the sensor !
- Use "correct" near touch technique no need to touch the screen even when using a low sensitive 1 cm proximity sensor. Video: https://youtu.be/47YmePqH8ro
- A concern and some worry by our developer is the 'in pocket' behaviour when using the wave once mode ;-)
- Most important is superior reliable "wave once" function with phone on the bike handlebar by single
- Use reasonable Android phone screen time out setting to prevent excessive battery drainage if a screen on should occur unobserved by user if the phone is put away out of sight.
- In pocket proximity optimalisation should not be the main concern preventing a best choice for most optimal performant screen on/off function.
- And even carry phones with their pulsed rf energy radio connection, into a pocket too close to some "noble body parts" is not advisable too.